Saturday, May 1, 2010

Taking a Leap of Faith

Dear family, friends, and ministry partners,

            Over the last 12 years, God has grown in my heart a desire to teach, speak, write and perform in order to bring hope to the women that surround me and share His Word in a way that inspires and equips.

            I have had several opportunities during this time to speak or perform at retreats, special events, and conferences, in addition to leading Bible studies and teaching Sunday school classes. Unfortunately, it has been difficult to find opportunities to get the additional training and support I need to develop my skill set and create more effective presentations.

             Last year I learned of an annual conference hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries called SheSpeaks.  She Speaks encourages and equips women as they communicate God's Word through writing, speaking and leadership.

            Sharing God’s truth with love is not only a holy calling but also a remarkable responsibility.  The Lord has laid it on my heart to attend She Speaks in July/August, 2010.  I trust He will provide a way financially for me to go, and I would like to invite you to be a part of this potentially life-changing conference!

 Will you prayerfully consider partnering with me? I am in need of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I prepare, learn, speak, and process through all I experience and learn at SheSpeaks. If you are willing to be a prayer warrior, please contact me and let me know.

If you are able would you be willing to support me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship that will allow me to attend?  If you feel led to join me in this exciting call, there are two ways to participate.  You can call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:

Proverbs 31 Ministries
She Speaks Scholarship/Heatherly Lane Sylvia
616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road
Matthews, NC 28105

Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name in order to credit my scholarship fund.  You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation.  For more information: www.shespeaksconference.com.

The Lord bless you as you pray about giving towards equipping the saints for the Kingdom of God!  I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much and could not do this without you being a very important part.

                                                                                                      In His Grip,

Heatherly Lane Sylvia

1 comment:

careyscotttalks said...

Wow! We're in the same boat, sister! Thanks for taking the time to connect with me... it will be nice to know someone at the conference!!! I'm excited to meet others who share my craft and to gain necessary training to make me an even more powerful warrior for Him!

Carey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails